Still going strong!……ish.
I think I finally adjusted to the lack of sugar in my coffee. You have to understand this is was a huge sacrifice. I loved my 6 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee. I will say this, I’m a little pickier with my coffee. I heard, (and ignored in the past) that to truly enjoy a good coffee, you’re not supposed to add anything to it. I’m half way there, I still enjoy a bit of milk/cream.
How I’m feeling, and what I’ve learned.
I’m feeling pretty good. I mentioned that in week 3and 4 that I was struggling a bit. I chalked it up to not taking advantage of my cheat meals. It helps a lot, but I’m missing the simplicity of my junk food. That’s why planning is key. I’m also noticing a difference in my abs. Like I have them, or like I always did, but now I can see them. And I like to say like… a lot.
Pre-minced garlic is not clean! I guess this is not a shocking revelation, but I was using up until week 5. I’ve been reading a lot of labels lately, but it never occurred to me to read my insanely large jar of minced garlic label. I was making a batch of this salad dressing and it occurred to n=me, that a jar that big has to have something in it to make it fresh for so long. YUP, one more thing I have to do by hand.
What do I eat. If my blog is any indication, all I eat is soup and doughnuts
- Red pepper
- Celery with hummus
- Pears with almond butter
- Greek yogurt
- Frozen fruit (fav blueberries)
- Oatmeal (plain with fruit)
- Oranges ( when Mr. PB and O peals them)
- Apple slices (need to eat this more)
- Almonds or pistachios you can eat 2X pistachios
- Cottage Cheese
- Granola bars (homemade)
- Frozen Fruit with Greek yogurt
- Plain Oatmeal with fruit
- Hard Boiled eggs
Simple Lunches and Dinners
- Avocado toast (ala Jessica’s cookbook)
- Cocoanut brown basmati rice and mangos
- Ricotta cheese on whole grain toast with roasted cherry tomatoes
- Scrambled eggs with cheese, on whole grain toast with roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes
- Sweet Potato shepherd’s pie with ground turkey
- Lots and lots of salads, usually topped with chicken, goat cheese, pecans, cucumber, and red peppers.
I’m feeling pretty good about my food choices, and my portions. I have been concentrating on healthy replacements for my junk food. This is a good thing, I mean when I girl needs a cookie, she needs a cookie, so having fresh baked “clean” cookies and no preservative chip options are a must. But I need to remember that fruits and veggies and healthy fats and proteins, curb hunger as well.