Sorry I’m late guys! I’ll post a recipe on Thursday this week!
1.Happy Mother’s Day. I received these beautiful flowers from my super awesome step-daughter. Love You!!
2. Tulip Festival: Yup it’s a festival about tulips. Ok, there is more to the story. The story goes that in 1945, the Dutch royal family sent over 100,000 tulip bulbs as a thank you for us Canadians taking in Princess Juliana and her daughters during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands, during World War 2. Now there are over 1 million tulips, here in the capital city, and we throw a festival about it. The tulips are quite impressive.
3. New blog I’m following; lapetitecasserole. Margherita, is originally from Florence, Italy. She moved to Canada for love, as she puts it. Regardless of where she is from or where she lives now, she has some pretty interesting and fabulous foods on her site. Check her out!
4. Garage sales: Am I the last blogger on the planet to discover this untapped goldmine for blogging accessories? When I say accessories, I mean mismatched dishes, cutlery, jars, bowls etc… All sorts of treasures. Check out this set of baking dishes I found, circa 1920. It’s still in the original box with a recipe book. I can’t wait to try them out.
5. Hole-in-one: Yup, Mr. PBandO joined a golf club and two days later, he gets a hole-in-one. I know a little bit about golf, so it’s a big deal. Most golfers go their whole lives and never get one. Way to go!
6. Stain! what a pain: Sorry, that was my sad attempt at a pun. We are currently re-staining our 3 year old deck and fence. All our stain peeled off after the first winter. This task involves sanding down the entire deck, and fence, and applying 2 coats of new stain. If it peels off again, I’M MOVING!
7. Gardening: Finally, after 4 years, I have a vegetable garden! We always had something else to do. But this year, even with all the staining going on, Mr. PBandO took the time to build me the prettiest planters. I’m so excited to see things grow! Ya I know, I’m 5 years old!
8. Latest TV obsession: I hate to admit this, but, it’s still Supernatural. If you missed it last month, I started to re-watch the entire series. I’m almost done. Summer TV is so boring! Maybe I should start reading instead.
9. CN tower Edge Walk: My crazy step-daughter and her father did this for her birthday. Guess whose bright idea it was? Mine! I can’t even look at the pictures without feeling dizzy. They had fun, so it was worth it.
10. Hello from my puppies