1. Valentine’s day; what did you do? I spent it home alone…. don’t feel too bad for me. We don’t really take it seriously in our house. The Mr. had to work and so did I. I used the holiday (I use that term loosely) as an excuse to bake.
2. Skating on the Canal; I went skating on the Rideau Canal up here in Ottawa Canada. Super Canadian thing to do. It’s the 2nd longest out door rink in North America(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rideau_Canal#Skateway), and it’s in my backyard. Important note, if you skate 4 km down the canal, you have to skate 4kms to get back to your car. I was tired!
3. Sherlock; and my obsession with British television continues. I was super bummed when I finished Downton Abby and realized there was no new Dr. Who until fall. Then a fellow british obsessed TV watcher turned me on to Sherlock… In love!!! New favorite show
4. Things We Make(http://thingswemake.wordpress.com/); I stumbled on to this blog through my wordpress reader. The photo’s are amazing and everything they make is right up my alley. Check em out
5. What am I Reading; Dead Sleep by Greg Iles . It’s a great thriller. I read another book of his a couple years back called The Quit Game … That was also an excellent book, hence my reading another one of his books.
6. 10,000 Pillows; That’s how many pillows we have on our bed now. So glad I don’t make the bed in the morning!
7. Blah Blah Olympics; I tried to be all indifferent about you… but you sucked me in. I even watched an entire curling match.
8. Soggy Salad; This is usually the state of my salad, the day after I open the bag. It really upsets me, mainly because I don’t like salad and I have been making an effort to eat it. Then a friend told me about these containers that another friend uses. These awesome produce saver from Rubermaid. It really works. I put green onions (famous for wilting in a couple of days) and 4 days later… FRESH. Thanks Trina and Anne
9. My Sister is having another boy!! I think she should name him Tracy! I was able to convince my dad to squeeze it into the middle of her name, I’m sure I can convince her to name her new baby boy Tracy too… right?!
10. I heard the other day that we have had the coldest winter in 20 years up here in Ottawa….. But we managed to get outside a couple of times…. Thank god!