I love reading other bloggers musings. Friday things by Michelle, I love list, Fridays over at shutterbean, 10 things worth noting from Ashley, Hi five Fridays over at A healthy Mrs By far though is Jessica’s Tuesday Things. I’ve said it in the past….. I totally blog stock her… if that’s a thing.
While I don’t expect to pretend to be in the same category as these bloggers. I thought I would try my hand at a monthly write up of 10 random things I’ve found, discovered, and maybe picture or two. Let me know what you think.
1. These ginger bread M&Ms; I HAD TO HAVE THEM. My husband hooked me up with his US source…. Thanks Mike!
2. Let’s start this off by me telling you what I stumbled onto over at Love and Olive Oil. The 2013 Great bloggers cookie swap. I’m totally in. It’s for this great charity. All you have to do is make 3 batches of 12 cookies and mail them to 3 other bloggers, and then you get 3 batches of 12 cookies delivered to your front door. Cookies at your front door and giving to charity… ummmm yes please.
3. I have been participating in this 3/1 Challenge. Basically we make 3 meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner, with seasonal ingredients. I had a bit of trouble with September’s challenge, Figs. Totally rocked it with October’s challenge, butternut squash. Sadly I had to drop out of November’s challenge, I couldn’t find the ingredients anywhere. Maybe next month. Check out the challenge over at Stephanies site. She rocks it every month!
4. This…..Awesome….Pizza….http://www.annies-eats.com/2013/10/31/bacon-potato-and-caramelized-onion-pizza/ I made this one Friday night, It was one of those meals that you stumbled upon and you have everything you needed, without having to run to the store. AND… OMG… best ever!
5. I was over at Michelle’s site, earlier in the month and she was talking about this Luxe box that she had received in the mail. So I checked it out and, I ordered mine right away. I know there are a million sites like this, but this ones from Canada. Can’t wait for mine to arrive. Thanks Michelle.
6. These Place cards from spoon fork bacon. I’m always looking for ways to spruce up my table for the holiday. So simple, so cute.
7. Pc PLUS POINTS card. I just got mine!!! It’s a super great program at my grocery store. I think it’s only in Canada. Basically when I buy certain items I get points, and with those points I get money off my grocery bill. Simple. The cool twist is, that it keeps track of what I purchase, and it offers me specials of stuff I buy frequently. If you’re in Canada and shop at Lawblaws, or the Superstore. Got get yours now!
8. On a personal note; I am trying to eliminate my snacky time. You know that time of day when all you want to do is eat. Mine is after 7pm. So I am trying not to after 730pm. So far…. FAIL. I shouldn’t say completely fail… I have managed a few nights. I had more will power when it came to quitting smoking!
9. Recently I have been obsessed with chef Stefano Faita. He hosts a show up here in Canada, called, in the kitchen with Stefano. All his recipes are simple and yummy. I often turn to him when I need a quick meal. Check him out; http://www.cbc.ca/inthekitchen/recipes.html
10. We may have a problem on our hands! I think my dog may hates Christmas. Every time Christmas commercials comes on, she starts barking. Oh well I guess I will just have to expose her to everything Christmas… if that means dressing her up in a Santa outfit. So be it! Look for it in next months top ten.