- I have a new obsession with leopard print. I’m not really sure where it came from, but I can’t get enough. Aren’t these cute. I never wear slippers, I am making an exception.
- The Looney Spoons Cook book by Janet and Greta Podleski! Back to a classic. When I first starting cooking, I was about 21. One of my first cooking experiences was a pot roast. I was so proud of myself, I invited some friends over, everyone gobbled it up and no one had a bad word to say, until one of my friends told me exactly what he thought. “It’s too dry” he said. At first I was insulted, but I took it as a challenge. Looney Spoons to the rescue. These 2 gals totally redeemed me. All the food is low fat and easy to make. So if you haven’t picked one of their books up I highly recommend it. It helps that they are from Ottawa too.
- Let’s have a little chat about Downton Abby. I know I have professed my love for the show before, I bring it up now, because I almost missed the North American premier. As if!!! A friend mentioned it on New Year’s eve. I’ve been so wrapped up in Dr Who, I almost missed it. Poor Edith, she can never seem to catch a break, and Mary, I was so upset for her at the end of season 3. As usual, she is bouncing back with a hand full of suitors. I swear I’m a little 80 year old British women.
- Pasty Affair (http://www.pastryaffair.com/). I found and fell in love with this blog while I was out of town for work. I had some down time and stumbled onto it. It’s really rare these days for me to find a new blog I like. As soon as I saw her pictures I was in love! This blog has all the good stuff, like brownies, and cakes, and of course pastry. Check it out.
- Meyer Lemons and Key Limes. Last year before I started my blog, I kept seeing Meyer lemons everywhere. So I started to search for them in my grocery stores, only to realize it was the end of the season. I did end up finding them, and my very first blog post featured these yummy Meyer Lemon cookies. Lesson learned, I found them early, and Made this yummy coffee cake.
- I love to cook… obviously.. but I have a confession to make. You know how a good quality sharp knife is every cooks best friend? Well….I’m the kid in the corner with those scissors that won’t even cut paper. You know what I mean. All my knives are somewhat dull and for my own good. But, I am determined to graduate to a good quality SHARP knife. Before I start running with real scissors, I’m thinking I’m gonna take a knife course. At least that way, when I cut off my fingers , It will be a clean cut.
- Anna and Kristina’s Grocery Bag. Hooked on this show! The premise of the show is, These 22 ladies chooses a cookbook, and select 5 recipes from it, and try and execute them as written. The also try out cooking tools as they go. They prepare all this food for a chef to judge them on it. At the end of the show They give it a buy or pass. Check it out.
- Perfect Bacon Bowl… That’s all I have to say about that! http://www.perfectbacon.ca
- New Magazine Subscription! Another reason I’m secretly a little old lady. I love getting mail. I mean snail mail. Especially in the form of magazines. I have tried to read them online.. I just can’t do it. Yup, I’m killing tree’s one magazine at a time.
- I’ll finish things off by saying… its freaking cold here. Mother nature better cut it out, my dogs need to get out, they are driving me NUTS!
Monthly Top 10 – January Edition
Posted by peanutbutterandonion on February 1, 2014